Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I need to step it up a notch in the gym. I have the food part pretty much down. It is the training that I need to focus on. Shin splints, age, weight, all that doesn't matter. They are excuses. I like to think good ones, but excuses just the same. I can't use my weight as an issue, everyone there is working on their weight. My age feels like a factor when I compare myself to the others. I am 7-15 years older than my teammates and even my trainers, but I can't compare myself to them, I am doing this for me and 35 is NOT old. My shin splints may be another story, but there are plenty of exercises I can do to minimize the discomfort. And again, I can't compare myself to everyone else because if I bust my tookus on the things that I can do, then that should be good enough. Problem is, I think I am slacking. I AM comparing myself to the other girls and I am just gonna say I think they rock! I NEED to shake it like a salt shaker, get low, lean with it, rock with it, break out my interpretive dance, I need to ball out till I fall out.....

Goobernut? Any comments? I could sure use some help here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OLD??? You DID NOT just say you were OLD!!??? Did you??? PUULEEEZ!!! To put it in perspective...just reverse those numbers...you know...53. Now THAT's old! And I know what of I speak, child!!!

Just hang in there!! You are the "Energizer Bunny" of the (semi-) old crowd then. You show 'em how it's done!! It will give them all something to aspire to!!
love you! auntie ree

KMAK said...

I feel ya girly!! LOL I will be 40 in July so I have a couple of years on you. The workouts are very hard on my body as well. So as long as you are giving 150% plus some that is all you or anyone can ask for!!!

Pooh Bear said...

April- we have said it before and I'll say it again. We might think about letting you use age as a reason but you never have acted like a 35 year old- you are bustin tail right along with us!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you lookin' good. Keep working toward that goal. When do we party?

Anonymous said...

In competition, you will face opponents that are smarter, faster, or younger. A champion discovers their own strengths and focus on those to prevail over all weaknesses.