Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2008

How is this for motivation?

"In competition, you will face opponents that are smarter, faster, or younger. A champion discovers their own strengths and focus on those to prevail over all weaknesses."

How cool is that? "The Coach" left that as a comment. By the look of things that really appears to be some sound advice. I like it. It applies in this arena and I think, in work, friendships etc. Support is a glorious thing and when it comes in the guise of motivation and forethought, it makes me want turn up the techno and hit it!!

On another note....I have got to learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes. Yeah yeah, for all of you who know me, just shut it right now!!! :)

Even in grade school I lost my recess for talking back or just plain talking. It's one thing to aggravate the masses, but to aggravate my trainers is just asking for it! It isn't so much that I say anything bad, stupid sometimes, goofy maybe, but not bad. Evidently, I just have this uncontrollable urge to hear myself. Actually, that isn't much different than any other day but, just like every other day, I have to learn when to speak and when not to.

Of course, don't look for miracles overnight. Me running my mouth too much has been a lifelong battle. I imagine it will continue on for years to come, but I will still make a mean stab at it. Fair enough?

No comments: