Search This Blog

Monday, April 07, 2008

That's All Folks!

It is almost over. This overwhelming, difficult, best thing to happen of a learning experience is almost over. Part of me is counting the days, while part of me wonders can I keep it up when this is all said and done. I honestly don't know. I feel as though I have learned discipline. I feel pretty confident I can and have changed my eating habits permanently, but to be truthful, I am scared.

First, before I finish discussing my insecurities, let me say thanks to the radio station Q107.5 for putting this on and picking me to be a part of it. Thank you to the trainers at Forever Fit for taking their time to teach us what to do and making us see that we can do it even when we are laying on the ground gasping for breath and saying we can't. I have actually utilized HaLees and they are great, and I bought some vitamins the size of small elephant tranqs at the Vitamin Shoppe so props to the sponsors as well.

I also want to thank all of my friends and family. I can't begin to write every one's name in here. I even had people from high school who I haven't seen in years vote for me. I have had the kids I babysit vote so much we had to ask them to stop because they didn't understand the rules and were flooding the network. I have had exes, best friends and acquaintances either write a comment, vote or both. I have had co-workers (friends) make me signs and give me balloons and keep me away from the cookies on the kitchen table. I have had phone calls and I have had emails. I even had people as far as Amsterdam support me in this endeavor. I can't possibly begin to express how these people and their thoughts and support have kept me going. I wanted to quit more than once and right when I thought I couldn't take another minute, I had a comment left on this blog, or a phone call.

I also want to thank the people who have been doing this right along side me. You have all been a huge source of support and Niki, I couldn't have done this without you!

Thank you all.... Now...let's go get a beer! Oh dang....still in the contest. No beer for me. Week after next then?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auntie M says click those heels together three times & repeat after me "I wanna lose more weigth, I wanna lose more weight, I wanna lose more weight!!" & poof u've lost 26#'s. Keep it up!!
#146 blog that I've sent, that u haven't gotten. Hope this goes thru!!
Love ya baby
Auntie M