Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

GI Jane good trainer or the devil?

No she is not the devil! But she sure can work a person. The things is, while intimidation works (thanks Antoine), GI Jane does it in such a way that you not only like it, you want to do good. Does that make sense? Well, I think I misspoke, she doesn't actually use intimidation. She uses positive reinforcement and says things like good job the whole time. Technically I don't really LIKE cardio, but I did want to do better. She really makes you WANT to do a good job.

NOW, don't get me wrong, I think through my sweat filled vision she at one point had horns, but that could have been my mind playing tricks. I ran more today than I have in mucho mucho years, so I am pretty sure the lack of oxygen to my brain reacted with the fish I had last night for dinner and then my mind started acting hinky. Yeah, in my medical opinion I think that is what happened.

Anyway, she is nice and fun, but firm. I didn't die, I did keep up (barely) and from the sound of things I get to do some cool stuff at Saturday's work out. After that I am refereeing the Highpoint Coffee Dodge Ball Tournament. You guys should get a team or just come out to watch.

Oh and one more thing I think Amanda is the Bionic Woman, don't let her fool you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...This whole "Team One" and Team Two" thing really really has me working on this "Dr Seuss does Bootcamp" kinda thing...lets see...hmmm....rhymes with Red and Blue...hmmm.

Gotta work on that one.But I feel a poem in there somewhere in honor of all your hard work! Your picture form this week looks awesome!! Hang in there!
Love ya
auntie ree (and of course uncle steve)

Lindsay Carlton said...

April, Kelly is amazing, and I am so glad that you have the opportunity to experience her challenaging and rewarding workouts. Honestly at the end of each workout with Kelly I felt stronger, more confident, and exhausted- what a great combination. And saturday is incredible- be ready to work like you have never worked before......