Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Still hanging on


Yes I am happy. I am happy. I AM HAPPY. YES, I AM. Right? Should be easy right? I am here and that is all that matters. I am here and am only 4.5 lbs behind PoohBear. Not so bad. I want to throw in the ten year age difference too but it doesn't really mean squat. It is all about what I can do, how hard I push myself and in the end do I think I made a concerted effort. Did I do my best? Can I keep it up? Will I push myself to the max? I hope to H E double scribble that the answer is yes to all those. My reticence with this whole deal is that I keep hearing I am not a competitor (or rather someone else is a bigger one), blah blah blah.

Am I going to win? Well based on the numbers probably not. But there are five of us out of 20 left. I am not sure about today, but I was not at the bottom and frankly, the idea just kinda hurts my feelings. Why? I have NO IDEA! It is really silly. Who cares? I shouldn't. I am still here. But dang if it doesn't just set wrong with me. I am really not sure why I am allowing something so insignificant to bug me. I don't get nervous about weigh-ins or being kicked off. Instead I am focused on something that should just do nothing but make me prove folks wrong. Weird huh?

Well I am working on it.

No comments: