Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh shuh uh.....

Okay so let me break it down for you. There are two teams, both of which started with ten people. Team one - aka Numero Uno (The Food Fighters) lost a person yesterday. Team two (those who shall not be named) have all ten. Today was weigh in. IF I have this right, and it is a BIG if, The Food Fighters lost collectively, with nine people 47 pounds. Team 2 lost 56 pounds with ten people. For us, the magnificent Food Fighters, that is an average of 5.222222 per person. For team two that is an average of 5.6 per person. So if my math is correct that is about .38-.40 more than my team. Good job by both teams!!

Now here is the deal. I am not playing against the other team. I like the ones I know, and am super proud of them and us, and feel like we are all kicking butt! That being said, they trained 5 times (I think) and we trained TWICE.

Now, please keep in mind I am not trying to say anything disparaging. In fact quite the opposite. Before somebody starts some drama, this is NOT about the other team. It is about countering a comment one of my trainers said and letting my team know what a super fantastic job they did.

This is a competition but I am NOT in competition with the other team. Heck, I don't even see myself competing against my own team. I am competing against myself to do this! I think I felt that way from day one. Which mirrors what one of our trainers said which is that we can compete with everyone and win, but when we get to the top what will keep us there is competing with ourselves. No one else made me fat. I DID. I am here to work that off for ME and keep it off.

While our trainers have a different style about them then team two, they are pushing us to go past what we ever thought we could. I feel that in essence, what we did in two training sessions is the same, if not more, with our diets, exercise and attitudes! That deserves a hand clap! I hope everyone on our team knows how wonderful they are!! And again, it is about telling my team...YOU DID GREAT!!

And yes, I think our trainers could accomplish the same thing with a warm and fuzziness they currently lack, but I can't say they don't push us to achieve more than I ever thought possible. Besides, we as a team are doing that for each other as we have been and will continue to be! THANKS TEAM and CONGRATS to everybody!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go, kicking ass and losing weight! Do I see a public spider dance in the near future???

way to go!

-mojo

Andy Ogle said...

I love this blog. Our biggest enemy is ourselves. We made ourselves this way and we need to fix it. The only competitors I have are Little Debbie, Sir Enchilada, and Mrs. Pasta. But I dont mind a little smack talk for motivation either!
Seacrest OUT!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ape! Great Post! Keep up the good work! Luv U,

Pooh Bear said...

WooRa Kracken! Couldn't have said it better myself and you're not a whiny Baby! You're a kick ass worker that I am proud to run beside!