Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My act is gonna get better.....

Ladies and gents,

I just have to be honest. I have NOT been into this contest. If there was something I could say to justify that I would. About the only thing I can say is that it hasn’t just been boot camp. I have not been into dodgeball, work, my eating habits, my friends, and the list goes on. What is it? Why? Yeah yeah…I have thought of everything from depression, to anxiety, to sheer exhaustion. Could be a little of one, all of one, or some of all three. It could merely be that the polarity of the earth has shifted in some way that has aligned my Chakra’s in a disorganized pattern. The simple fact is, I have just not had my act together. Sure there has been stuff going on. Who doesn’t have stuff going on? Right now, this second, I am having tummy problems…AGAIN. Yeah yeah I KNOW. I AM going to the doctor and have seen a doctor. YES, it could be how I eat, or a bug, or perhaps I was stolen by aliens who probed me in a none to gently fashion and then just left me back here on earth to suffer.

I am just meaning to say that we all have “stuff.” And believe it or not, no matter how bad your “stuff” is, someone else is having “stuff” too. Maybe even worse. What can I do about it? I know what I can do. ME! I Know what ME, MYSELF, and I can do…..I can get it together. I can make a conscience decision to just get it together. Why can’t I do that?

Should I continue to wallow? Should I focus on pain, negativity and upset? OR…OR, can I wake up and decide to have a good day. Can I go through my day and TRY just try to enjoy it. Can I get to the end of the day, when it is time for sleepygonightnight and pray that I am able to NOT worry about things I cannot change and then wake up the next morning to change the things I can?

Today I decided that is exactly what I can do. That is what I WILL do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well April,
Now I have figured out that you are in the "BootCamp" contest, that you are the same" Kracken " from the 107.5 Challenge, and you are one of the gals I ran, or shuffled with on Thursday at BootCamp.
Sometimes it takes me a while to put two and two together, but by golly i have done it! Columbo has nothing on me... so now that I have it all put together, I am Jenny's supporter, she goes to am classes, "Boilermaker" is her call sign. So I have access to the results via Tony's report cards that he sends out. AND FORGIVE ME IF IM BEING TOO FORWARD.... BUT GIRL , its time to get it in gear!!
YOU should be above the line!!!! I enjoyed your blogs during the 107.5 challenge, and enjoy them now, so being the motivator that I am, Im gonna encourage you , too. Heres the first step I want you to try, I dont know what your diet plan is, but, if you want a way to keep track of all that, see what you are eating, nutritionally, etc. , go to sparkpeople.com Its a free website where you register, put in your goal weight, and calculate your foods to get there. I use a 12-1400 Calorie Limit as my plan, and input my foods into the tracker to get there - then with bootcamp, etc, the weight will drop. In the bootcamp challenge, you want to lose weight faster than the spark suggestions will give, but just create your own plan. I also do whats called JUDDD, its Dr. Johnsons Up Day, Down Day Diet. and basically, I will have a normal 12-1400 calorie day, followed by a very light day, 500 cal or less, My down days are mon, wed, and fri, so 4 of the days are normal days. I take multivitamens, and make sure the 500 cals are quality, so I can do normal productive things on those days.
This is more than you wanted - For Sure!! Just didnt want to feel like the MOLE, when running around and exercising with you, while pushing Jenny on as well. Congrats on your losses so far, GET ABOVE THE RED LINE - please.

Lisa