Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update on MOM

Well,
I thought maybe a little update on my mams (mom, mommy, mammy, ma etc) would be good. Today, they pulled her intubation tube.

I know she was thrilled with that, because last night, she scrunched all the way down to where her hands were tied down, and pulled out about 4 inches of it. She did NOT like that tube. I don’t expect she should have, I just know last week when she had the balloon pump and the temp pacemaker she begged for it.

When they put it in, you get to go sleepy go night night, so she was good with all that. To take it out, they stop your sedation and do some things that help you breathe on your own. Of course, breathing on your own may seem overrated when you have a tube in your throat gagging you, years of smoking that gives you that nice sputum filled cough, you throw in a little COPD, and 8 or 9 blockages, and I figure being out of it and having a machine breathe for you must seem like bliss.

I sure as heck don’t want to find out.

My little bro and sis seem to be doing okay. My Aunt Jane is there with them now. I go back this weekend. I am not really sure how much they really get of the whole thing. I do know that seeing mom all trussed up like a Christmas ham was a bit more than they cared to see. She did tend to beep a lot. Well, everything she was hooked to beeped a lot. When her sedation was wearing off, you could tell mom was getting antsy and a bit stricken.

I know I would have. You’re asleep and thinking you are in good shape and then you start to wake up and you’re tied down and again with the gagging and coughing. A good reason for panic if you ask me.

I sure don’t want to jinx anything or start assuming I know what is going to happen so I will just say thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. They really work. I know God will do what God is gonna do, but having so much good juju being sent our way, has helped me at least, maintain a level of calm I previously would have said could not exist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your Ma's improving, April.