Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

“What say you there Fuzzy Britches?”

That dang quote has been in my head for AGES…why I would even think to say it is beyond me. I don’t know any Fuzzy Britches. I don’t’ own any fuzzy britches. I think I just like the name Fuzzy Britches.

Frankly, I have always liked the word britches anyway. Britches…..not pants, not slacks just britches. Kinda like drawers. Some may say panties, or lingerie (which I say should be pronounced linger-ree) or even underwear. For some reason, in my mind they are drawers…or should I say draws?

I don’t have a reason. I don’t know how breeches, got to me termed britches and so on…..I don’t really care nor do I think, do you; but they are fun to say none the less and contemplating how these words are utilized and why, is a hell of lot more fun than sitting around here all sob faced. Okay "fun" might be a tad overstating things but I think you get what I am saying!

Anybody know where that phrase came from? Don't cheat like I did and google it....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, I don't know where it came from, but I like the name Fuzzy Britches a lot. Wouldn't surprise me if the name stuck, either. (wink*)

LadyBug said...

i always thought it was "fussy britches" not "fuzzy britches" lol :)

SlapHappyPappy said...

I don't know where it came from, but the warden in The Shawshank Redemption says it to the poster of Raquel Welch when he discovers that Andy Dufresne is missing.

Apey said...

Patrick did you cheat? Well you are right sir!! ding ding ding!!!

SlapHappyPappy said...

Nope. No cheating here. I've seen that movie waaaaaaaay too many times.