Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

If you are reading this, I reckon you know what a blog is. If you don’t, then a blog is this here online reading source.
Frankly, I am new to the whole blogging world. Oh sure, if you look, I have had one for sometime myself, but I didn’t realize everyone else had one as well.

There are “how to” blogs, “look at my kids” blogs, “a day in the life of”, “the consummate something or other” blogs. You name it; there is probably a blog for it.

It wasn’t until one rascally Mr. V stopped by mine one time and left a comment, that I really bothered to take a look elsewhere. I wasn’t blogging to create some huge literary gold mine. Or even just to see my words on screen. I was just writing to get some thoughts out. More, I was using it as a therapeutic tool. I still am.

But as I was saying, I didn’t realize how much was out there and just how interesting I would find it. I like it because there seem to be so many people out there, all of who have something to say.

At least this way, I don’t have to “hear” them say it if I don’t want. Silence is next to godliness I heard…or is that cleanliness? Eh…I don’t have to hear a bunch of folks chirping about gosh knows what if I don’t want to….

I like Mr. V’s Blog and Miss Houston’s. So far, they are my favorites but I think that is because they both felt sorry for me and took a liking to me!! I will take it where I can get it!

Anywhoo, I then skip from blog to blog from their sites and back again. It is NOTHING like playing leapfrog with a unicorn. It is all safe, hypoallergenic and not tested on animals…..uhh wait….what was I talking about?

4 comments:

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Kracken,

You said you came to visit us because we felt sorry for you??? {:-O

Well shoot, I thought you came because we wrote fab articles, were humorous and likable and because we both have interesting things to say. Well...hum.
{8-|

First thing...my feeling "sorry" for you...that is not so...I can't speak for Mr. Valance, but I came to your blog because I saw your comment's on Mr. V's blog and they made me laugh! That's why I came to see you...but I was visiting the other blog you have. Yesterday, Mr. V sent me here to read this.

Now as far as Mr. V's and my blog being NOTHING like playing leapfrog with a Unicorn...I know you're safe at my place...it is pretty hypoallergenic and no testing on the little tikes (animals) as for Mr. Valance's place...DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE PUTS IN HIS STEW!???!!!!

LOL {;-)
Hugs
Hawk

Anonymous said...

Hello April. Rascally huh? Hmm, well I did take a liking to you. Be hard not to, after reading a couple of your posts. I warmed to your wit and humour, and I admired your attitude. Still do. I was only sorry that someone as deserving as you wasn’t playing to a greater audience. I just hoped a friendly word might encourage you to spread your wings and fly. And I can’t tell you how much it pleases me to see you doing just that and enjoying the experience now. Thank you for your kind words. Glad to know you, Fuzzy Britches.

Apey said...

LOL Hawk you are crazy!! :)
Of course I come to you guys because of your sheer fabulosity!! Never doubt that!

As for "not being like" Never Play Leapfrog with a Unicorn, I meant the hopping back and forth from one blog to the next!! LOL

But alas they are different... I don't have all those pictures of the good looking hotties on mine!! *wink*

Mr. V. you (well both of you)are the sweetest little sugerbunkins!! And your words of encouragement have helped greatly!

I know I don't really know either of you in they way I do my friends here but that doesn't mean you are liked any less!

Hawk is teaching me how do to an award. I haven't started yet but both of you deserve one just for being you!!

Anonymous said...

April - believe me, your words are all the reward I need. And I only throw those award things in the pot I keep under the bed. Anyway, just you carry on being you. I think you're wonderful, even though my face dropped when I read this..

'I don't have all those pictures of the good looking hotties on mine!!'

...but I'll forgive you. And as you can see... Hawk and me are nice to each other really.

Now pass me a bucket... all thise niceness is getting too much.