Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Okay so Operation Big Butt got underway yesterday.

Today I can barely walk. Goodgoobleygoo what was I thinking. You know me. I am super outta shape. What in the samhilltarnation made me decide I could walk 17 flights of stairs. Holybejeezus!!!

Well I am a shape, it just happens to be round!! But, what I mean, is that I tend NOT to be the one who is always ordering steamed vegetables…unless that is the name of a new beer.

Anyway, yesterday my office mate and I decided at 10 and 2 every day we are going to put on our tennis shoes, get up and take a walk up the stairs, around the building, down the hall….ya know the word I am looking for…..ehhh….uhhh…oh yeah….EXCERSIZE!! ugh!!

So we did. I pipe up and say “hey, let’s take the stairs!” SAY WHAT?

Last night when I got home I felt fine. I took a shower, settled in, watched the tube, then went to bed. Nothing wrong with that. Then BAM…BAM…BAMM BAAAMMMMM my legs stove up. Yeah you know what that means. It means my legs muscles constricted and my calves felt like  they had been replaced with blocks of cement.

Only 868 days to go! Woooohoooo!!!

Okay,  I hope it doesn’t take that long but I am gonna do whatever it takes. OH YES I AM !!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your dogged determination, April. And your sense of humor. Keep it up.

'Well I am a shape, it just happens to be round!!'

Wonderful!

Apey said...

LOL!! Thanks Mr. V. No sense in pretending I'm a size 2! I hope my sense of humor is not in direct proportion to my pant size. Ya know in highschool, the chunkier a fella was, the funnier he seemed to be!! I guess lucky for me I am not a fella!!

Patsy said...

It gets easier. A bit. Eventually.

Valerie said...

That's what I call dedication to fitness. Just the sight of those stairs would put me off. My permanent resident Arthur Itis keeps telling me to move but how the hell can I when he keeps squeezing the hell out of the old joints. Loved your pic on Valance's Advent calendar.

Apey said...

Miss Patsy and Miss Valerie! It is so good to see you! It is 4 am here in Memphis and I couldn't sleep. When I checked my email and I had two comments on my blog I was super happy. When Miss Valerie mentioned my picture I wondered what that rascal Mr. V was up to! He is such a sweetie!

Miss Patsy I shall persevere and Miss Valerie I think I would get a new resident. That Arthur doesn't sound like he is good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

We'll put you down as a size two and a bit then. As bits go, it'd have to be quite a large bit. But I reckon it'd have to be, taking your smile into account.

Anonymous said...

'I feel like writing some stuff. I reckon I can, but I would have to delete a big honkin amount of it.'


Looks like did both. Shame, that tantalzing opening teaser was all that showed up on my preview. C'mon Apey, try again.

Apey said...

Try now Mr. V. not sure what happened.

JJ Cocker said...

I once had a big butt. Use to collect the rain water in it, and once Valance stops chokin' he may be able to explain what a water butt is.

JJ Cocker said...

Where's it gone?

Apey said...

Miss JJ I have no idea what you just said!! LOL! A water butt? hmmm...

Okay I looked it up, now I get it!

I swear you are like my very own "word of the day."