Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh what a relief it is…..

I met with Tony Monday and guess what? NO tears! HOORAH!!! I had lost weight and he said good job!! YEAH!! Gosh that feels good.

I was sure I was going to walk right into our meeting and quit. Not because of the meeting, mainly because I have just not been getting it. BUT, not one minute before I said the words, Jenny text me and said “please don’t quit.” WOW, how “just in the nick of time” was that? I would have to say pretty darn “nick of time”….ish.

Well, I didn’t quit, I didn’t get yelled at and I went to work. This week has been a pretty darn good week. My foot still hurts, my hubby is still job hunting, I have added high blood pressure to the list, but you know what has been good about it? For all of the issues and all of my anxieties, I have actually been in a pretty darn good mood. Relatively speaking of course!

I think the reason is do to the chillins I am watching this week. They are SUPER, smart, funny, well behaved kids. How can you really be sad around them? I mean seriously? These kids ask how you have been, they ask if you slept okay, they make up funny stories, they laugh, they say thank you, they do their homework, they go to bed on time, they forgo TV to do their homework, they eat what you fix, and the list goes on. I mean they are really good kids. The best part is the smiling and the fun. They joke, they dance, they say things in made up voices and guess what? I get to do that too!!

I have to say I am pretty lucky this week. Oh next week we can get into why I need to be more positive, and I need to hang in there and all of the usual talk about getting my boohonkus in gear, but for now, I am going to be happy being happy and I am going to enjoy the kids and learn from their happy- go- lucky innocence!!

No comments: