Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

See below to get your award!

As Miss JJ was so kind to give me an award, she went even a step further and alleviated my angst for not knowing the proper way to handle such a prestigious award!!

And don’t say it like "pressteejusss” say it like “pres- ti-juss” it sounds more fancy that way!! J

So seven things about myself…or as Miss JJ and Miss Houston would say “meself!”

I like the “Goth” look and wish I was cool enough to pull it off. Although my personality is far from morose (at least that is what my therapist says! HA).

I love a good brewsky…oh sorry…scratch that…I think this is supposed to be seven things people DON’T know!

I like cucumber water (it tastes dainty, if water can taste dainty).

I always wanted a pet alligator (but not so much since I watched Larry the Cable Guy on “Only In America” try to catch one..scary, but funny too!)

Sometimes I cry when I am at an event involving music, dance or basically “the arts” because I am so overwhelmed with happiness (don’t laugh it is true!)

I like the tennis shoes kids wear that light up and feel certain I would wear them if they were in my size (I didn’t say it was right, just sayin’).

I like to use the phrase “spider monkey.” EX: I need to get my “spider monkeys” waxed (eyebrows).

And lastly, one time I was dancing in the living room by myself and thought I would do a leg kick. A second later I was ten toes up and on the floor wondering how I got there and why it felt like I had gorilla sitting on my chest (look out Dancing With The Stars!)

Okay, so now I get to give this stupendous award to some folks who deserve it. I am gonna state right now that I of course would send one to Mr. V, Miss Houston, Miss JJ, Miss Patsy, Miss Cecile, Miss Elaine, and Mr. Cheyenne, Oscar, Miss Bernie, Brandi, Miss Valerie and so on and so forth. You all deserve it and then some, but I have just recently started venturing out and reading a few more so I want to give “props” to some other folks as well!

So drum roll please……………………..

1.       C... for yourself what I mean!
2.       Rhonda because no one wants to go insane by themselves!
3.       Carrie because I like the word Plethora!
4.       Miss Sweet because her Saturday Serials keep me hangin’! ( I hope that is not what   happens to GUS).
5.       Okay,  Mr. V anyway cuz I just love’em!
6.       Rebecccccca because I think she possibly has her own tunnel! It's random I know!
7.       Sy because she is without question, inquistive!



So there you have it! Thanks again Miss JJ! And congrats all!!

Sorry I got so wordy! I was really excited about my award!

16 comments:

Rebecccccca said...

Oh thank you.....Mostly because it is green and I <3 Green.

What is this tunnel you speak of? My mind is on vacation today and Im not processing like I should.

Thanks again!!

Rebecccccca said...

See I told you I am slow today.....I get it now.

duh huh!

Anonymous said...

Cogratulations Ape, on your “pres- ti-juss” award. And well done to Miss JJ too, for recognizing a star in our midst. It's well deserved and long overdue. You qualified for mine too, but being as I was too darn lazy to name everyone individually, maybe it went over your head. Anyway, thanks for bringing a smile to my face so many times Ape, not least with this latest post and your seven confessions - maybe you ought to stick to dancing in your head in future. And thanks for nomination. I appreciate it.

Apey said...

Mr, V - Yeah,the whole dancing thing can be dangerous to ones health if said dancer is prancing around like she is still 21. Nothing good can come from that! I know you aren't gonna do the whole seven items and all that! I just wanted you to have another one to put in your pot under the bed so one day when you look at em' a smile comes to your face!

Rebecccca - Yeah i am a tad goofy on ocassion. I was hope the light at the end of your tunnel has gotten brighter!

Anonymous said...

Well, if the said dancer is young at heart, I don't suppose it matters, so long as there's no furniture damaged.

Hmm, you remember where I keep these awards, huh? Well, I gotta keep those precious things someplace, and the antique under the bed is about the safest place I can think of.

Course I'll treasure your award as much as any, and I ain't gonna shirk the obligations that come with it, either. Just might cheat a little, that's all.

And I see your displaying The Valance Blog Award. Well, that's nice Ape, it's yours by right, just like I told you. Just don't go blaming me if it scares folks off, that's all.

C... said...

Awwww thanks!!! I made the list and I am on top... I don't get to be on top a lot hee hee hee. ;) Double entendre ... Seriously though, thank you so much. I am so flattered.

JJ Cocker said...

My pleasure, Kracken.

I often dance by meself on account I can't find a willing and sustainable, energetic partner. So where do you get cucumber water from?

Thanks for acknowledging me purpose in life, Valance. I wanna dish out awards to those who deserve it most!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Well, shucks! Thanks darlkink... and I know I've got Gus hangin' right now but he'll come back around soon enough - and angry as a rattlesnake with lockjaw.

I ain't quite got seven here but I can tell you that I sure to make a fool of myself dancing in the kitchen too. My dog will accompany but if I start singing they all scatter like dust in the howling wind!

Patsy said...

What the flipitty 'eck is cucumber water?

Apey said...

Cucumber water is just ice cold water with a few slices of cucumber dropped in. It flavors the water with a delicate taste and scent that is suprisingly good. I had it years abck when I won a spa day and they had it there with all the other treats for the ladies.

Patsy said...

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Sweetie,

You did good on both the postings! Yeah!!

Congrats to all the winners of this fine award!

Hon, this may be your forst but I'm sure there are a lot more to come! ;-D

big hugs
Hawk

JJ Cocker said...

It was my pleasure... And I tagged you, again:

http://livingdangerouslyinadogeatdogworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/seven-things.html

Anonymous said...

'So where do you get cucumber water from?'

Lord, I am sorely tempted.

Apey said...

It is just some ice cold water with a few slices of cucumber dropped in. Let it sit for a bit and voila..........cucumber water. It just gives the water a really light, fresh taste. It is kinda high falootin' but I had it a spa day thingie years back at a fancy hotel. It was surprisingly nice.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ape. You ain't gonna believe this, but that's exactly what I was thinking.