Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Would you like some cheese with that Whine?

So…. my anxieties have been off the charts lately.

I would have said it couldn’t be panic attacks because I thought with those, you feel death is imminent. I merely feel a good maiming coming on! Come to find out that is only one symptom. There is some list the docs use and you only have to have four of them. I have seven.

Ya know I had these a couple of years ago. They didn’t call them panic attacks then. It was just anxiety disorder of some kind. Now I have “attacks”.

Sounds weird when I say it out loud. I mean I don’t think I am weird for having them. I can’t help it. But, writing or talking it about makes it seem somehow taboo. Like you don’t talk about your crazy aunt Lula who “went away” because no one outside the family is supposed to know she exists.

What is for sure weird is that I feel weird about talking about it. I am not shy and generally don’t get embarrassed even at time I really should. I am missing one of those “filters” I guess you call it. That,  or I have just learned over the years to laugh at myself.

Anyway, there is stuff I can do myself to help it. Exercise, eating right, no beer, no caffeine (or little, I think caffeine is in everything now). I just need to do regular everyday normal stuff that would simplify and make my whole life better overall. Not  just with the anxieties. And I don’t do them because?

Lazy, comes to mind. And unwillingness to cook, might be another. A complete and utter lack of willpower on the everlasting journey to exercise heaven? Yeah…maybe there are a bunch of things.

OKAY…FINE….THERE ARE A BUNCH OF THINGS. SHEESH. At least I am admitting it.

DANG…throw some stones while you’re at it! Remember to duck!

Actually my inability to follow through with my health is all on me and I know it. I just wanted to act indignant for a second!

6 comments:

Rebecccccca said...

My "attacks" manifest themselves via pressure on my chest. The best way I have been able to explain it to others is it feels like I have farm animals sitting on me. Starts out at as a cute little piglet and can grow into an elephant. Viewing it this way and accepting them has helped me deal. Whining helps too. Good Luck!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Good luck with this!

And I've found I am way more likely to go the gym if I find a hot guy to stalk that is on the same schedule as me - no conversation, just lots of staring. LOL

Anonymous said...

Dear Indignantly Maimed. Confession being good for the soul, I hope you feel better now.

Apey said...

Thanks all! Rebecca elephants are sure heavy I know!

Miss Sweet, I can see it in myself to do a good stalk justice!! I think I will work on that!

Mr. V...the feeling better part comes and goes.

I have decideed to make a conscience effort to change my attitude and make everything fine! Kinda like the whole "you are what you eat thing."

I am figuring I can talk myself into okayness!! We'll see!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Kracken!

It's been awhile since I've been over but I've been trying to finish me book and help myu CP get hers done by June! So, I've been buried in me computer!

Hugs
Hawk

Apey said...

Wow! Your book huh? YEAH! Can't wait! Good luck both for both of ya!