Search This Blog

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Better out than in....

The last couple of weeks I have had a few things play over in my head. I don’t have a clue if I am remembering them correctly. I know these two were taught to me by my granpappy. I of course thought he made them up. I know better now….but I equate them to him which makes me smile!!

1.
Have you ever been in an Irishman’s shanty
Where water is scarce and whiskey is plenty
A three legged stool and table to match
A hen in the corner already to hatch!

2.
Early in the morning in the middle of the night
Two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other
Drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise
And shot the two dead boys
And if you don't believe this stories true
Ask the blind man: he saw it too!


I never said these blogs had to make sense only that they were things directly pulled from my mind. And yes...there is more where this came from. Scary I know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm stuck on these two. It's nice that they bring back memories of your granpappy though, and make you smile.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm stuck on these two. It's nice that they bring back memories of your granpappy though, and make you smile.

Unknown said...

yep...that's dad...he sang the first often, and it comes to my head now and then. Love it. Part of the genes now! And for you too! Doesn't it make you smile?????

The other one, I had forgotten about...thanks for the memory! Really funny, and always made my friends say "huh????" Like some secret code for the family. kinda like the "First day of the month" routine.

Awesome

BTW... I FINALLY caught up with by pics. Been busy working on 2 websites for work (on my own time, no pay...) and doin' homework.

Love you!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey!

Are you two picking on us Irish?

Naughty, naughty!

{:-(
;-) Hawk

Apey said...

Heck no! My gramps last name was Sullivan!! We are Irish. Well at least I am!! :)

Anonymous said...

My Papaw told me #2. Thanks for the memory!

Jo