Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

What do I want? In life, in my relationships, my work?

For starters, let me say that what I write here, is not necessarily indicative of what happened in the past or is happening in the present. Just because I say I want something, doesn’t mean I haven’t had it, or get it. Nor does it imply that I need it.

These are just thoughts and ideas. Ramblings if you will. They can be changed at any given notice.

I think I will begin with what I think I want in a relationship with a man. My musings have nothing to do with me and Cliff. Or they do, but only in the sense that I learned from our relationship. Nothing below is for or against what he and I shared. Just statements.

I want to be supportive even some times when I don’t feel like it.
I want to be happy for good things and not make myself sick over things that don’t matter.
I want to go to the grocery store together.
I want to laugh together and at myself.
I want to feel safe.
I wan’ t to feel secure in the knowledge he is where he says he is.
I want to go to sleep with no anger.
I want him to think I am funny.
I want him to think I am kind and therefore be treated as such.
I want him to want to defend me.
I want him to hear me.
I want us to agree to disagree.
I want him to think I am cute when I am sleepy.
I want to believe in him and make sure he knows it.

Did you expect me to say I want to feel loved? I want him to love me and cherish me and......

Well, I do want that, but there is so much inbetween. So many things that make up the whole.

There can never be a complete list. As I age and learn and grow as a person, so do my relationships. My wants and my needs are sometimes interchangeable, but honestly, I don't always know what those things are. Do you?

I think my next musings should be on friendships but frankly, the above list suits for that as well. Certainly I don't need my friends to go to the grocery with me (although that could be fun) or be where they say they are, but you get the picture.

So much stuff going on this one head. Luckily, so far, all the voices appear to be mine!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello April. Yup, I like the new design. It’s got a happy, psychedelic, hit-me-with-some-positive-waves glow to it. Like the photos, too. Ain’t keen on that ugly critter though. No, not the trauma picture, I mean that hideous looking baby dragon thing.

That’s quite a wish list you have. Expecting a man to enjoy a visit to the grocery store is pushing your luck, but the rest is fair, and there ain’t a man on earth who doesn’t appreciate a sleeping woman. It’s the only time they get to see a woman with her mouth shut. (*winking at you*)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Great post...and the best thing is...you can have what you want, just make it happen.

Remember what "they say" life is what YOU make it.

As far as hair color...a girl can have as many colors as they make and look good in them all! ;-)

Awh....(((HUGS))) I'm under "My Favs" awh, thank you!

Have a great day sweetie!
Hugs
Hawk

Apey said...

Mr. V I don't like it myself. Just want them to go with me!

Hawk of course you are in my favs!! No other place you could be!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you see no reason to suffer alone, huh?

Apey said...

Well heck no! Misery loves company!