Search This Blog

Monday, August 09, 2010

I am confused… I think.

Sometimes, I think I know what is going on, and other days, I am just really clueless. I am not unintelligent.
Perhaps, on the slow side at times, but mostly because I just assume what people are stating is what they mean.

More and more I find that not to be the case at all. Sometimes I feel certain I know exactly what is being thought, said or intimated and then in the next instance, my brain tells me I am making it up and what I thought I knew is really not true.

There are hidden meanings, body language and various nuances I seem to miss that would aid me in my lack of understanding; provided I knew what they heck there were to begin with.

It is harder with some than others.

I would definitely say I think I am a people person, and as such, I think that I pick up on vibes or feelings much quicker than most, than immediately am able to asses a situation and then alter my behavior appropriately.

Then there is you. I don’t understand you. You don’t say what I think you are going to say. You don’t respond in the way I think you will. You don’t make sense to me and that confuses me.

I try to understand. I try to explain and still I have no clue. It is disconcerting. I try to pay attention. I watch, I listen, I answer and sometimes I don’t say a word. I do this to try and glean just a bit of something that will help me understand people. Understand you.

Why would you do this? Why would you say that? Who is it you think I am? Does it matter?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This person is probably just an a$$. Don't stress to hard worrying what YOU might have done. Some people are just thoughtless. Period. And NOT worth stressing yourself out over. You are a great person, and they probably don't want to acknowledge it.

Love ya, Ruth

Anonymous said...

Yup, you're confused.

Apey said...

Thanks Ruth. No one is really being an ass. More like I just don't get people sometimes. Male and female both. ThenI get frustrated and feel like I am clueless, but thanks for your support!!

Mr. V. you are so right!!