Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gosh I wish I could change things for a time.

Cliff and I are no longer married,

My dad just passed away,

And now Neo, the cat Cliff got me for our first Anniversary, has cancer.

Crazy as it sounds, we had three cats together and they were our babies. Both of us are animal people. He took Neo with him when he moved to Florida in June of 09. I miss him and I miss Neo.

Cliff just found out Neo has cancer and I hate…HATE the fact that Cliff is about to lose him.

Yeah, I just lost my dad and I am sure people wonder how I can care about a cat and my ex, but I do.

I have two cats left. Freckle and Raisin Squirrel. I offered for Cliff to have Raisin and his dad is coming next week to pick him up. It feels like abandoning a child in some way. In my head I know he is a cat. Again, crazy or not, it hurts.

Raisin isn’t Neo, but at least Cliff will be able to care for and love Raisin and maybe his hurt will be lessened to some degree. I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. Hug Raisin for me!
You know the saying, "God only places on you what He thinks you can handle."?
It's obvious He thinks you're SUPER STRONG.
Your strength is something I've always admired.
I love you.
Love, Rach'