Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

My friend said I was old the other day......

Well folks, another year has come and gone, and I find myself at milestone in life. I say it is a milestone. It may not be to some but for me it is. I turned forty today. Well actually at 1:42 am. Annnnndddddd…..I feel the same. No epiphany, no feeling of euphoria, no feeling of “where has my life gone”. Nothing…NADA. Should I feel something? I mean don’t get me wrong, I think about where I am in my life, my health, my lack of marriage and children…my overall clock ticking down, ALL the time. BUT I always thought when you hit forty you were supposed to somehow come to some definitive….something. I don’t know.


Who am I at forty? What kind of person am I? Are there things I can change? Make better?

OR am I just what I am as of today and that is all.

I mean I obviously know the answer to that. We should always learn and grow and strive to be our best, but do I really feel like I can? Do I want to? I am after all forty now. Set in my ways, getting older by the second, nearing my expiration date one second at a time.

Well I say “H E Double Hockey Sticks” I can! Do I want to? More than you can know. More than I like cheese!!

I have got to get an attitude adjustment. I NEED to be happy and positive and hopeful. I AM GOING TO BE HAPPY, POSITIVE AND HOPEFUL. Do you think since I cap locked it will make it so? Kinda like in an “I Dream of Jeannie” kind of way?

Eh….I reckon that is really up to me isn’t it? I mean I am forty and an adult now. Right?



11 comments:

Patsy said...

Life begins at 40 and as 50 is the new 40, you're a babe!

Oh hang on, I need the caps lock ...

YOU'RE A BABE!



Anonymous said...

Psst! Happy Birthday Short Stuff. Save me a piece of cake.

Anonymous said...

That danged blasted word verification... three attempts and I still ain't sure if I succeeded.

Apey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apey said...

Miss Patsy you just made me feel 30! Thank you!

JJ Cocker said...

Life sure does start at 40, only trouble is, deciding what life you wanna live and how to go out and get it. Be bold, be tough, and think of I dream of Jeannie... she was no character to be trifled with!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Ape.

Anonymous said...

Nobody home? Darn, a man gets home after a year away and what does he find... tumbleweed.

Anonymous said...

You're gonna have to speak a little louder, Ape. I still can't hear you.

Apey said...

Sorry sorry! Here I am! After turning forty I think my hearing is going. I know for a fact my back is aching, my pants are to tight and my booty is....

Ah nevermind....just gettin' old!

Glad your back Mr. V. Who knows, maybe I will get the hankering to type a little myslef.

Anonymous said...

Excuses excuses... well when that hankering comes along maybe you'll type myslef a little better. Glad to see you around, Ape.