Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Yesterday was my b-day. I am officially 39 years of age. 5’2” in height, $!@#* in weight, with blondish hair and hazel (green there is some debate) eyes. 39 feels like 38 but closer to 40 and less close to 20. Mentally I feel late 20’s /early 30’s. Physically I am probably in my 50’s. So I reckon if you average it all I am right at 39.

I hear when I get to be forty things go downhill. I sure as heck hope not. Me being on the roundish side might be I am in for a bumpy ride! It only takes a push!

Anyways, yesterday was not to eventful. Quiet day at home with a lunch break. Plenty of reading, and lots of facebook well wishers! All in all ...pretty decent.

I don’t know if it is my circumstance or age but these days b-days are just days. Deep down, I still want to be the kid who gets to wear the paper crown at the ice-cream parlor and gets a new Barbie, some ugly sweater for my grams and some candy that sparkles and looks like fairy dust. Or some pink candy and some real fairy dust.

But alas, those days are gone and a new era of grown up, uneventful yet peaceful days that celebrate my birth are what are left. Not so bad if you think about it. Actually having another day to be alive sounds like a darn good present to me!

So there you have it! Another day, another year, another opportunity to move forward! I hate that beeping sound when I back up!

7 comments:

Patsy said...

I was going to send belated birthday wishes, but instead I'll send on time good wishes for right now and the whole rest of your life.

(Don't worry about getting to 40 - trust me, that's the sunny side of the hill)

JJ Cocker said...

Belated birthday wishes, Miss April. Try not to think of it as downhill, from now on, but more of utilising available support where required... ;o)

And don't ever see birthdays as just another day, as that only gives people the excuse not to bother. Every day is important, cos you're a lovely person and I'm handing you a Friendly blogger Award!

Anonymous said...

'Deep down, I still want to be the kid who gets to wear the paper crown...'

Yup, that's how it goes. You get up in the morning, you open your cards, and that's the high point over for another year. Well, never mind. Thanks for the smiles, Ape. I just hope I'm as philosophical about it when I get to your age.

Sending you best wishes and a paper crown.

Mister V

Apey said...

Thanks all! Miss Patsy, I am ready for the sunny side! looking forward to it I think! Miss JJ thanks for my award! And I agree...psssshht on it being just another day! I'll take the paper crown Mr. V sent me and where it proudly! Mr. V..... "when you get my age" ya say? Hmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

OK, so maybe I'm counting backwards.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

oooh, Happy belated B-day Sweetie...

Good news things don't start going south until you're about 54 these days...so you've got some time....if you're like me at 55 you'll want to get a new body...because it goes south over night! ;-)

And at 55 you pray hard no one remembers your b-day so you can have a nice quiet day like any other day...

Otherwise everyone will be over~joyed to tell you ALL DAY LONG how OLD you are getting...like our old body's daily reminder each morning we make it out of bed with only a little pain isn't enough of a reminder!!!!

We really don't need a reminder of our age on our b-day by all those young punks who just love to rub it in "how great we look for OUR AGE!!!"

I think after our 27th B-day all B-day should be outlawed!

But that's just my two cents...not that you asked but at 55 I don't wait to be asked for my opinion, I just give it. ;-)

Here's a cyber crown for you hon
{
Enjoy!

Hugs
Hawk

Apey said...

Well don’t' take this the wrong way but if you are 55 I weigh 110lbs. Geez Louise take it as a compliment. You are GORGEOUS and for sure don't look like whatever the heck 55 is supposed to be. I am not sure if you have heard of the phrase "shake that thing like a salt shaker" or " shake what yer momma gave you" but daaaaaaang I want to look like you now! So there!!! And thank you for my crown! I graciously accept!